Home Forum Ask A Member Motor Title

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mercuryman
    Participant

On Ebay there was a question is there a "Title" for the motor. I am from Florida and have never seen a title for a outboard. Do some states require titles.

jasonh
      Participant

Ohio does

outboard315
        Participant

Some do and some do not.

Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, and Utah require titles. A non titled motor from another state can be titled with some DMV paperwork.

brook-n
          Participant

Gee…… What is involved in getting that done? Is there a cost associated with it?
            If you live in a state that requires a title for each motor, that could be expensive if you
            have a large collection.

Respectfully
            Brook N.

reivertom
            Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I have bought some motors from Ohio a lot cheaper due to missing titles. I hate trying to remove the old stickers from good paint though. Who ever came up with that idea needs to be horse whipped.

melugin
              Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I have recently obtained motors from Ohio and Missouri with titles. I live in Kentucky which doesn’t title outboards. I can’t transfer them in my name out of state. To sell them back to a title state, the paper has a void as to chain of command. Not really my problem.
                However, bought a ’51 FeatherCraft Penguin last week. Good MO title with wrong numbers. What had been casual registration has now become a permanent and official document. Wrong year, length, and serial number. A previous FL registration number was used as a HIN. F/C id numbers of that year are about the size of this type. The boat was never measured.
                After a brief explanation the phone operator in Mo said they would try a title correction. KY will not correct inaccurate info from out-of state. Keep our fingers crossed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.