Home Forum Ask A Member Narrow down year and model of Firestone S-A; trying to find good home

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

Hello to all;
      Previous posts opined that this is a Scott-Atwater sold by Firestone. It does have the steel gas tank, w/ dents of course. Also has some fuel that’s been in there for an eon.

About what year is it, and what HP?

I can’t see a manufacturer plate or model number, but haven’t pulled the cover.

I’d like to find a good home for it, despite the lack of a large fan base. Won’t see it scrapped, but time for it to go.
      I have it posted on the local CL for $30, w/ little interest. I hope providing info will help. It’s worth at least that in scrap. Heck, at $10 a pop, the black widow spiders in it make it worth at least $40!

All opinions welcome.

Many thanks and happy motoring.
      Alan

seakaye12
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Hi Alan,

Yes; I’ve seen your Craigslist ad; I got the Voyager from you to pass on to another member a year or three ago. I’m over on the coast. Your Firestone is a late 40’s model….3.5 or 3.6HP single. I already have a couple….plus a genuine Scott version….and a Corsair version.

Good running well made simple motors. I have the twin cylinder versions as well from that same vintage. The Firestone twin that I have here does not seem to have an ID plate on it either.

There’s a nice list of Model/Years here:
        http://discount-marine-parts.com/ob_firestone_1.html

Chuck

jeff-register
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

53 Firestone was my first mtr over 35 years ago

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.