Home Forum Ask A Member need portable gas tank and bulb line

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    paulfromyork
    Participant

I need recommendations. If I buy a connector in OMC packaging, will that be a good connector? And what is the new "on demand" valve(?) and what does it do? I’ll be glad to pay what I have to in order to get good product, but I want the best bang for the buck. And I would like to avoid mistakes. I have a 12 hp ’54 Gale and a 12 ft tinny. I thought something around 6 gallons would be good. Someone recommended used, but I haven’t been able to find anything used. I must get to one of these garage meets.

Steve A W
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Put a WTB ad on the "Free Classifieds"

Member of the MOB chapter.
        I live in Northwest Indiana

jerry-ahrens
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

If you go to an Evinrude dealer, and buy a fuel connector with the Johnson Evinrude name on the package, you’ll be good to go. Try to find a good used older tank or a new old stock one with a vent. The demand valve you are asking about is intended to prevent the engine from flooding due to excess pressure in the fuel tank. When the engine starts and runs, the demand valve opens to allow the fuel to flow. All of these extra parts are required on the current EPA approved portable fuel tanks. If you find an older tank you can save money and avoid a lot of problems, and you won’t need the ”demand valve”. Unfortunately, the older tanks with a standard vent are no longer being manufactured due to EPA regulations. Here’s a new style [current tank] with the demand valve.http://www.partsmate.net/Mercury_Quicks … oC8Ozw_wcB

davesko
          Participant

Paul, pm me. I have several nice omc original metal tanks and I’m not far from you. Hershey pa

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.