Home Forum Ask A Member need some wisdom on 9.5hp shift handle gear line up to lateral cam

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

did the electricals on the mag plate and reinstalled it .. hooked all the little cams etc.…

now my shift handle is slipping gears as if not enough of the gears match up to the lateral cam that turns the mag plate linkages

any suggestions to match the up.. .so I can turn the shift handle to reach the full range of the mag plate

thanks

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

fleetwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I don’t really understand the problem you are having…Is the engine jumping out of gear? Maybe you can post some pictures

frankr
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Are you speaking of the rack and pinion gizmo on the throttle? First tooth on the pinion engages the first notch on the rack.

crosbyman
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Frank when I turn the throttle handle the gears in the back seems to engage just a f ew notches then spins freely
            preventing the mag plate from doing it’s thing from stop to fast

I’ll verify ” first tooth first notch tomorrow see If I can line them up

it was working before so I must have jumped a couple of notches……how ??? Don’t know

it won’t win….

crosbyman
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

found the problem … 🙁 the lateral push rod that converts the rotation of the tiller handle into left to right movement to rotate the mag plate has worn gears

when the tiller gears mesh into the push rod they meet up with a worn spot then skip out

when the tiller is held vertically the gears match in unused mesh point and works perfect . Upon lowering the tiller the gears slip making the tiller speed control useless.

Voilà… I need the gismo

I think this new to me $60 turtle with 90 psi cylinders 🙂 was rarely greased anywhere in its life… but is is slowing coming out of a long coma. …..

frankr
              Participant

Must have something good, considering the hours that it must have accumulated. I don’t think I’ve ever seen those gears worn that badly. ‘Course it’s been a real long time since I’ve serviced any of them. Maybe that’s the last time they got greased.

chinewalker
                Participant

I’ve got a lot of parts for those 9.5s if you need anything.
                  Scott

crosbyman
                  Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

ok thanks.

i have been purchasing a few parts . this new to me $60 cdn 9122r with 90 psi x2 seemed a good buy but has needed a few extra parts which i have acquired but due to this sickness 🙂

I have another one in the shed waiting to be serviced.

…. most turtles I have worked are around 70psi as per Leroy’s comment on turtles being somewhat low but this latest one reads 90×2 hopefully it will be running great next summer .

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by crosbyman.
                    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by crosbyman.
                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.