Home Forum Ask A Member Need the diagrams for a 4378 Zephyr

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wyo307
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am in need of the diagrams for a Evinrude Zephyr model 4378 circa 1945. I contacted mumbles but all he had was the ones for the 4404 so the carb was a little different. Mine doesn’t have a primer on it.

Also when i was disassembling the carb I managed to brake the small tube that is labelled as the "air bleed" (Part #275251) in the diagram I do have. Is the tube all that important or can I just run it with the plug with just the hole in it instead of the tube?

Thank you all in advance,
      Ryan

ray-schaber
      Participant

I think you need that tube to supply idle air when the carburetor is set to slow.
        You can probably get a new piece of tubing at a hobby shop. Take the old piece with you to the store.
        Ray

Monte NZ
        Participant

International Member - 2 Years

Hi Wyo307 (Ryan)
          I have a copy of the Operating Instructions (includes parts section with diagrams) for the Evinrude Zephyr Models 4378-4379,
          which I would be very happy to scan and forward to you. If it is OK with you, I would need your email address.

Time is a bit of a problem at present with the Christmas Season keeping me well occupied, but if can give me a few days I would be delighted to help you out.

Kind regards

MonteNZ

wyo307
          Participant

MonteNZ I sent you a pm with my email address.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.