Home Forum Ask A Member Neptune 2a38 muffler?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    martin20
    Participant

Hi, Just acquired a Neptune model 2a38 and was wanting to know if it could possibly have a factory muffler on it, if there is such a thing..This motor has one on it, and whoever put it on either done a fantastic job or it came that way. Never seen one on an older outboard before so I am curious. Looks like a lawn mower muffler, but has the same patina to it,as the motor. It is perfectly centered on the exhaust tube, just looks to good to be a cobble job.Thanks for any info

RICHARD A. WHITE
      Participant

Lifetime Member

Pictures?????? I restored one many years ago, should be a long brass tube that curves AND flares just above the cavitation plate. Anything else is wrong.

This picture is of a 1937 Neptune 2 hp I restored for an old friend, he has since passed and his son keeps it in the living room…

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
        classicomctools@gmail.com

martin20
        Participant

Richard, trying to figure out how to post a picture. Exhaust tube is the same as your motor,just has a muffler sticking out of the tube.Probably not supposed to be there,but just checkin

RICHARD A. WHITE
          Participant

Lifetime Member

Click the little pencil near the top right of your post, then after that you will find near the bottom left a tab that says "attachments" follow the instructions.

Once you choose a file from your computer and click add file, you should see an option to "place inline".

Place you cursor where you want the picture to actually show up in your text, I usually place mine at the end, then click the "place inline" button, then post it.

Good luck

Richard

martin20
            Participant

Not finding the "attachments" tab Richard.

RICHARD A. WHITE
              Participant

Lifetime Member

When replying to this message, click the "Full Editor & Preview" button..

Look below the box you are typing in you will see an "options" tab as next to it you will see the "attachments" tab

See photo below:

The Boat House
                Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
                  • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by The Boat House.
                  keplerfan
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Anybody know how to separate the brass shaft tube from the water pump – right on top of the lower unit? There are three screws at the base of the shaft tube. I pulled those but still stuck. I don’t want to break it with a hammer so I need a different method… Heat? ..I dunno…

keplerfan
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I mean on this 2a38 motor……

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.