Home Forum Ask A Member New member!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    thepetrolist
    Participant

Hi there!

My name is Niko. I live on the west coast of Finland. I am a small time engine collector, a newbie restorer and a allround petrolhead. Since this is a outboard/marine engine bulletin board, I will mainly talk about my (and others!) marine engines. At the moment I have a 1925 Wickstrom (finnish made) 6-7 hp inboard engine, a 1951 Johnson Seahorse HD-26 and a 1967 British Seagull Century Plus.
      I joined this forum because I simply want to gain knowledge, share mine, and just have a good time.

If you guys want to, swing by my engine blog (link in signature) to take part in my engine related endeavours!

See you ’round,

Niko

opposedtwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

welcome niko! I love the name you’ve chosen for your user id! sounds like a character in an ian fleming spy novel! glad to have some more members from other lands!

scott

ggoldy
        Participant

I didn’t see your seahorse. Hadn’t started on it yet?

pappy
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Welcome! And by all means, send photos of the gorgeous areas you are able to run your restored gems!

RICHARD A. WHITE
            Participant

Lifetime Member

Welcome to the family 🙂

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
              classicomctools@gmail.com

jeff-register
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Niko,
                We have another new aomci member too He was born the day before Easter. Sorry I can’t announce his Dad’s name but he is a member. And you too, so welcome to the club. I miss many functions because I live in the desert.
                ANYWAY, so welcome & please post your motors. My humor is a little dry living in the desert. It gets to 122 here, I’ll go for now. WELCOME!!

mr-asa
                Participant

From sunny Florida, welcome to the group!

thepetrolist
                  Participant

Thaks for the welcome guys!
                    Before joining this board, I read lots of threads on this forum and got a good feeling about the place so I wanted to chime in.

Yeah, you’re right about the Johnson. Haven’t posted it yet, since if I post everything I’ve got I haven’t got anything to post in the long run.. 😆
                    I’m still debating what to do with the Johnson. It’s in a fantastic shape, a little patinaed with age but overall really good. I’m thinking just cleaning it really good (and servicing, of course) should do the trick. Cleaned the carb and the head, filled it up with fresh gas and on the third pull it started right up. This engine has been sitting since the 1960’s so I think thats quite impressive.

Any Johnson experts on this board? Seems to me that the HD-26 is quite a rare model? I don’t mean what it’s worth, since I don’t care too much about that. But there seems to be almost no info to be found about these engines. I have found out that they were made in 1951 only. It’s predecessor was the 2.5hp HD-25 which was made 1946-1950, and its successor was the 3 hp JW-10 that came in 1952.

fleetwin
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Welcome aboard Niko!

The Boat House
                      Participant

Niko
                        This board is part of the and provided by
                        the Antique Outboard Motor Club.
                        While its members are mostly from the US
                        and Canada we do have members around the
                        world including Finland. Our directory list a
                        Markku Saikkonen
                        Mantyniementie 9
                        40520 Jyvaskyla
                        I would suspect he would enjoy learning that
                        there is someone who shares his interest that
                        also lives in Finland.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.