Home Forum Ask A Member New Website?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    hugh
    Participant

I know the info is here somewhere. 🙄 What happened to the old website, hacked or problems? Or just a new improved one?

wedgie
      Participant

Hugh.

Unfortunately the old website is gone forever along with the 10gb of info it contained. Tragic.

weedlessdrive
        Participant

Hugh the old one went down. This one will upgrade with a members only dockside section later according to wemaster Chris. He is off for awhile though getting married today I believe.
          Chris is committed to working everything he can as soon as he gets back from what we can see.
          How are things in Nevada? Lakes filling up yet? So wet in Texas here now.

hugh
          Participant

I kinda figured it went south. A tragedy losing all that information, but that’s the way with computers.
            No, lakes are not getting much water. Going to be another dry summer. We will be able to beach launch for the next 3 or 4 months at our lake. Some highland lakes over the border (CA) but all their big resevoirs are in sad shape too. If we just had a little of your water…….. Maybe next year.

crosbyman
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Remember the movie Rollerball with James Caan…..

the historian came out of his lab… puzzled… mumbling that he had lost the 17th century data files in the main computer !!

probably less than 10gb 🙂

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Steve A W
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

In My opinion, Computers are no more reliable or efficient than the common Toaster! 😮
                Yet the whole world depends on them.
                Yep, My toast burned this mornin.

Steve A W

Member of the MOB chapter.
                I live in Northwest Indiana

cajuncook1
                Participant

There maybe a way to get at the information from the old site, but I am waiting to hear back from Chris.

There should be a backed up copy of the data.

Keep your fingers crossed.

jeff-register
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Cajumcook,
                    I sure hope so. I have my research on caps on paper is all. Why can I pull up the old start page too. I want to put an icon for easy acess & having a hard time for some reason. This is the third time AOMCI has crashed for me. This is the same set up Johns old Mercury site uses.

hugh
                    Participant

Sure hope it can be brought back. The last few days I was going into withdrawal 😆 . When our computer crashed last year I realised how bad I needed it. The outboard hobby depends on the clubs and computer as does a lot of things I do now.

johnyrude200
                      Participant

even if the old site was brought back, it would not be transferable to this forum, so it’s pretty much gone. I don’t think there’s a way to bring it back up and have it be locked out….maybe…but not holding my breath. Bummer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.