Home Forum Ask A Member Nice 1954 Johnson

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    hugh
    Participant

A friend who I got started into vintage outboards just brought me his latest find. I haven’t seen a better original. All the paint is still on the prop and skeg.

Steve D
      Participant

Wow, awesome condition! Unmolested and well kept originals…I love ’em! Great find.

david-bartlett
        Participant

That is a beauty! I am liking that green paint more and more all the time.

hugh
          Participant

To bad it’s not mine. I just get to service it up for him. Worth seeing ones like this as you know they are out there somewhere.

wedgie
            Participant

Talk about beginners luck ! That motor is sweeeet 😎 .

lloyd
              Participant

US Member

Gorgeous!

wiscoboater
                Participant

So does it run? What did you do to it?

fleetwin
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Beautiful

hugh
                    Participant

Yes it runs very good. He will be running it a bit and wants me to go over it. Hate to do it but I will pull the power head to replace the impeller. Check the oil in lower for water, pull the flywheel to check coils and replace points and condensers clean carb. I will be carful working on it to keep the loss of paint in and around the bolts to a minimum . If it were mine, I would detail it out, fog it, put it on a display stand in my den 🙄 . He has 7 or so outboards now, so this one will not see much time on a boat and will be well cared for.

pappy
                      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

VERY nice!
                        I have one in that condition as well. Never sold to a consumer, still has the yellow "TESTED" tag on the tiller handle. Been a stationary stand queen its whole life. Bought it from the original deale/owner that moved to Florida and dragged it down with him.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.