Home Forum Ask A Member Old gasket sets

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    dan-in-tn
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I got in about 25lbs of old gasket sets and misc gaskets today. I bought them as a lot and didn’t even know what all I was buying. The price just seemed too good to pass up. Well most everything is OMC that I recognize, but I have about 5 of these square cardboard envelopes that I don’t recognize. If someone offers I will email pics to them to post on the site. The envelope says ONE KG Outboard Motor Gasket Set. Lower left corner has SM325
      There is a red ink stamp across the face that looks like 610??
      Inside are 7 gaskets. Two are almost identical. One is thick white (I would think an exhaust manifold gasket). An aluminum head gasket? round with 8 holes and .032 thick. Bore app. 2". What do you think I have here? Maybe the pics will do the trick for identification. Sorry I haven’t been able to do any good with this IPad and posting pics on the board. I can take pics with my phone and send them to someone for posting.

Dan in TN

garry-in-michigan
      Participant

Lifetime Member
        Doug Wilson
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

would guess that KG would probably be Mercury gaskets

Doug

how is it motors multiply when the garage lights get
          turned off?

dave-bernard
          Participant

Kg 7 KG4 sounds like that is an OLD merc part #######

ede
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

In the past I have used the NAPA Marine Catalog for gasket identification

dan-in-tn
              Participant

Garry, can’t click on your drop box file, but I do have your email address in my old computer and can still get to it (I think)! I will see if I can send pics to your email and you can decide if you can post from there.
                I am going to show my Mercury ignorance here, but this is single cylinder if this is an aluminum head gasket? Didn’t know older Mercurys had heads? Anyway pics will tell the story when you guys see them. Try to get them out tonight.

Dan in TN

dan-in-tn
                Participant

The pics are sent out. If Garry gets them in a form he can use I am sure they will be up soon. A fellow member got a copy (JasonH) and his early bet is McCulloch or West Bend air cool single. Now he has the advantage of the pics so everybody else will have to wait till you have something to look at. We will see. I have no idea!

Dan in TN

garry-in-michigan
                  Participant

Lifetime Member

How is this?

. . . 😀

dan-in-tn
                    Participant

That’s great Garry, but did you get the pic of all the gaskets laid out? I believe that would help the most. It shows all of the shapes of the gaskets. Thanks!

Dan in TN

garry-in-michigan
                      Participant

Lifetime Member

Just checked My Email. 163 to go through since getting the last 128

At this rate I’ll have 500 when I get back from tomorrows meet . . . . 😥

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 23 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.