Home Forum Ask A Member Old Johnson Sea Horse

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rayr
    Participant

I picked up a Johnson and not sure what I have. The serial number is 644287, this motor is in such original shape my wife even appreciated it. Any info woul be great.

RICHARD A. WHITE
      Participant

Lifetime Member

Pictures? That serial number says 1948…..

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
        classicomctools@gmail.com

Mumbles
        Participant

We need the model number to identify the motor.

rayr
          Participant

I have looked everywhere for model number, except under the recoil starter. Do I need to go there?

Why is it every time I go to the shop there is another motor? Do they breed in the dark?

RayR

mr-asa
            Participant

Throw some pictures up?

legendre
              Participant

Depends on the year of manufacture, but model no. is typically stamped (sometimes crudely) on a raised boss or other flat-ish surface near the bottom of the power head case, aka the "engine block".

Typical 40s-50s models would be "HD25", "TD15", TD20" etc. Two letters + two numbers is typical.

Unless there is a separate model / serial plaque, it’s going to be stamped directly into the case 99% of the time.

BTW – Howdy friends, old & new! I was totally flummoxed when I couldn’t find the forum.. just figured out what went on with the server loss, and got re-regged today!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.