Old Johnson Sea Horse

Home Forum Ask A Member Old Johnson Sea Horse

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar legendre 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    rayr

Replies: 5
    Topics: 5

I picked up a Johnson and not sure what I have. The serial number is 644287, this motor is in such original shape my wife even appreciated it. Any info woul be great.

RICHARD A. WHITE
    RICHARD A. WHITE
    US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 1569
    Topics: 124

Pictures? That serial number says 1948…..

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com

Mumbles
    Mumbles
    Canada Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 4037
    Topics: 416

We need the model number to identify the motor.

rayr

Replies: 5
    Topics: 5

I have looked everywhere for model number, except under the recoil starter. Do I need to go there?

Why is it every time I go to the shop there is another motor? Do they breed in the dark?

RayR

mr-asa
    US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 754
    Topics: 128

Throw some pictures up?

legendre

Replies: 389
    Topics: 8

Depends on the year of manufacture, but model no. is typically stamped (sometimes crudely) on a raised boss or other flat-ish surface near the bottom of the power head case, aka the "engine block".

Typical 40s-50s models would be "HD25", "TD15", TD20" etc. Two letters + two numbers is typical.

Unless there is a separate model / serial plaque, it’s going to be stamped directly into the case 99% of the time.

BTW – Howdy friends, old & new! I was totally flummoxed when I couldn’t find the forum.. just figured out what went on with the server loss, and got re-regged today!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.