OMC Coils: Chinese at current price, or German (Prufrex) at $4 more?

Home Forum Ask A Member OMC Coils: Chinese at current price, or German (Prufrex) at $4 more?

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)

• 1946zephyr

Replies: 653
    Topics: 12

You see guys? This is why I love having Frank here. He is a stand up guy and he will speak his mind. 🙂 his advice is awesome.

I bought from oldoutboardjim and his were actually better than the German coils at the time. Awesome deal too. About 50% of the local dealor.

I do have a new Chinese set on a 12hp Gale, but it doesnt run good enough to give me a final oppinion on them yet.

Omc coils are very pricey and like others said here: "who actually makes them?"

emartin

Replies: 5
    Topics: 4

The slope of the laminates on the last Sierra’s I bought were off. I have Mr. Robb’s tool to verify and they
    would not fit…no way no how
    I know Jim’s fit so I would gladly pay the extra $$

green-thumbs

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 583
    Topics: 43

There are still some countries where quality still matters. There are also countries where
    only cost and profit matter. Your purchasing determines which business plan prevails.
    Louis

wedgie

Replies: 1041
    Topics: 78
    quote EMartin:

The slope of the laminates on the last Sierra’s I bought were off. I have Mr. Robb’s tool to verify and they
    would not fit…no way no how
    I know Jim’s fit so I would gladly pay the extra $$

I wonder if we could,( out of desperation,) press a Sierra coils on to an OMC laminate ?

rmhxruss

Replies: 145
    Topics: 6

Do any of you have any thoughts on OMC coil from CDI?

auldscott

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 175
    Topics: 42

I would pay the extra for Prufrex coils from Jim. That said, I do not have any need at present for a set of coils; it’s just that they have never, as far as I know, caused problems for buyers. Including me.

jerry-ahrens

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 986
    Topics: 40

I would like to use the German made coils if possible. However, I ran the heck out of my Big Twin at Tomahawk, all week long with the Chinese coils with no problems. I probably used at least 20 or more gallons of fuel. I was afraid of these myself, but not so much now.

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.