Home Forum Ask A Member OMC colors?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    amuller
    Participant

I’m working on a Johnson from 1972, painted in a sort of goldish-green, and an Evinrude from about the same time painted in a darker bluish-green. Are there any readily available spray paints with even an approximate match to these colors? I don’t need an exact match as I’m only painting some accessories and just don’t want them to stand out too much.

Tinman
      Participant

US Member

I’m painting a 56 evinrude with reprotint paints. Great match for my motor. Maybe they have a color to match yours.

bobw
        Participant

US Member

Here’s the list of available colors from NY Marine, including yours. Very high quality paint in exact factory color match.

http://www.nymarine.ca/colours.html

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
          1954 Johnson CD-11
          1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
          1958 Johnson QD-19
          1958 Johnson FD-12
          1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
          "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

frankr
          Participant

US Member

Any auto paint supplier can match whatever color sample you bring them and put n a rattle can. For instance, the guy I go to does it and charges $20. About what Reprotint and others charge. Your experience may vary..

lindy46
            Participant

US Member

+ on the Reprotint paints.

fleetwin
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

That Johnson color is unique for 1972, I think…The earlier colors were a darker green. There were two darker Evinrude blue colors prior to 1973, 69-70 was kind of a flat colored blue, whereas 71-72 was a glossier slightly lighter colored blue. Both of these colors are still available from OMC/BRP, although I have seen many errors in their current color listings….D

rmhxruss
                Participant

Please list your model numbers for help. OMC did list part numbers and PPG color codes in some parts catalogs. Bluish green on a Evinrude does not sound familiar in 1972.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.