OMC Low Tension Ignition Coil

Home Forum Ask A Member OMC Low Tension Ignition Coil

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• fisherman6

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 1702
    Topics: 34

What keeps the spark plug wire in the ignition coil in the BRP 0502881 ignition coil assembly? There does not seem to be any type of keeper that keeps the wire from coming out of the coil in the assembly. The existing coil on the other cylinder appears to have something tyere to hold the wire in. Am I missing something?
    -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

Mumbles

Replies: 5764
    Topics: 298

Don’t the wires screw into these type of coils? On old NFG coils, I can grab the wire near the coil with a pair of pliers and unscrew it. Some of them seem to have a sealer or adhesive on them which was applied in the factory.

fisherman6

US Member - 2 Years

On this particular coil, which is a new BRP part purchased new last year from Marinengine, it does now screw on. It simply pushes on a smooth spike and I cannot figure out what is supposed to hold it in place. If I need to epoxy or otherwise apply some type of adhesive, I can do that. I just wanted to see if there was something I was missing or didn’t know about.
    -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

fleetwin

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 4737
    Topics: 46

I don’t think you are missing anything Ben. I don’t know of any of those coils where you could actually remove the spark plug wire… I would just epoxy it in place and hope for the best….

fisherman6

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks Don. I’ll do that and hopefully that will eliminate any further issues with it in the foreseeable future.
    -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.