Home Forum Ask A Member On the lake

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hugh
    Participant

Well our lake may be low, but we ran WOT 15 miles south then 15 back. Had lunch and ran on to the other end of lake. Sportwin ran super fine and the 1.5 Johnson did trolling duty for a couple hours without a hitch. However on the way back with our friends behind and to the left we both smacked rocks on a ridge we didn’t see in time a half speed. Dinged his prop a little, dinged my a lot. I was just happy that I didn’t bang my gearcase or bend the prop shaft. I will change the SS shear out for a brass one as it did no shear. Just didn’t think to change it out last year when I got the outboard

Mumbles
      Participant

Is the lake shallow Hugh as the landscape in the background looks quite flat.

I am a bit jealous of the warm sunshine and clear skies though. Looks like a great day for a boat ride!

hugh
        Participant

LOOKS LIKE I GOT THIS POST ON TWO FOURMS. O WELL.

Where this photo is, it is 40 ‘ deep. Full it runs 60 or 70 feet deep in some spots. A lot of islands when the lake is low like this, sand bars and shallow rock ridges like the one we hit. Some places you need to really watch for the shadows. We had been through the spot 3 times but got careless. 2 or 3months is about all we will get on this lake as it is used to irrigate . We will start going to high land lakes later on. 80 s here this week. This photo will give you a better idea of you bottom of the lake.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.