Home Forum Ask A Member Outboard Motor Corp.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    seakaye12
    Participant

US Member

1933 Sport Single

After a search I came across this auction:

https://www.bidbud.co.nz/4734144112

And this one:

http://wolverinechapter.com/membersmotors/shull/2013/sport%20single%20011.JPG

And a post on Smokstak  (you have to sign in to see it but sign-in is free)

https://www.smokstak.com/forum/attachments/img_1472-jpg.277793/

I would say that finding one in the condition yours is in would not be easy but in the collectible world they are out there.

1 user thanked author for this post.

well, I got around to checking the motor it has compression and spark the gas tank is clean and don’t smell like old gas I think it will run. Should I put some oil in the cylinder. The person that had it before me took good care of it.

The Boat House
      Participant

When I start a motor that hasn’t been run in decades I put a ton of oil in that first tank of gas. Want to be sure the bearings, crank shaft, and wrist pins are getting a good oiling, as well as the cylinder. Tubs

Iam not sure what Iam going to do with it now, not sure if I want to try and start it what would the oil mixture be for this engine. How much oil should i put in the cylinder 1 or 2 oz to store it. what else should I do to store it. what would be the first oil to gas be if I was to start it for the first time. I don’t know much about these, but they look good.

The Boat House
        Participant

Be sure there isn’t any water in the gear case and fill it with lubriplate 105 or corn head grease. I’m guessing you don’t have a grease gun so the 105 might be the best choice for you as it comes in a tube. Available from NAPA or on line. Put some oil on the threads of the gas cap and vent screw and close them fairly tight. Keeps them from getting stuck over time. Take out the mixture screw and put some oil on it then tighten it so it just bottoms out. Don’t over tighten. This is to help keep air and moisture from getting in the tank and carburetor. Take out the spark plug. With piston all the way to the top, and with the spark plug hole facing up, pour in about ½ oz of oil. Slowly turn the flywheel till the piston gets to the bottom. Then turn the motor over a few more times and put the spark plug back in. Expect some oil to come out of the exhaust. If the motor is going to be stored in an unheated space for and extended period of time, it would be best to build a wooden create to keep it in. Really helps to keep away the moisture. Option 2 would be a sealed plastic tub. Tubs
          The Boat House
          Participant
            Forgot the gas shut off. Should be closed as well. Also to keep moisture from getting into the tank. Tubs
          Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.