Home Forum Ask A Member Part number? impeller

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    tom-c
    Participant

I’m helping a friend replace the impeller in his ’56 RDE-18 Johnson 30 HP. Can someone provide a part number for me for the impeller. Also is Sierra ok? any info or suggestion appreciated! Thx.

RICHARD A. WHITE
      Participant

Lifetime Member

Sierra 18-3006 about $17 bucks or so, That is from Marine engine.com and believe it or not, the Original is CHEAPER!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
        classicomctools@gmail.com

tom-c
        Participant

Thanks, Richard!

tom-c
          Participant

One more thing……my book says half pint to a gallon, really? 16:1. It has bearings doesn’t it?

chris-p
            Participant

Yeah the original part number was 375808. It superseded to 378891 which superseded to 775521

While you can get the 18-3006 for it from Sierra, I buy the OEM ones. Better, and CHEAPER!

RICHARD A. WHITE
              Participant

Lifetime Member

It shows bearings around the rods and crank…but oil is cheap

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
                classicomctools@gmail.com

chris-p
                Participant

EDIT: The center main, top and bottom of crank, wrist pin and big end of connecting rod are needle bearings yeah.

I run 24:1 in mine, but wont hurt it with the 16:1.

tom-c
                  Participant

Just wanted to advise a friend. He has a near perfectly restored ’56 Johnson. The new paint job is the best I’ve ever seen. He said he had it done at a body shop in Wisconsin. I’m doing the water pump for him and he does not seem to be knowledgeable about the motor. I’m going through the ignition, carb, lower unit oil and new impeller for him.

frankr
                    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I believe you will find the 30hp has needle bearings on the wrist pins. They were known to disintegrate, but not because of oil. Anyhow, the mix was 1/2 pint per gallon for convenience in mixing small batches. But the full 6 gallon tank called for a quart of oil (24:1)

tom-c
                      Participant

Thanks. I don’t know what he has been using but I will tell him to use at least 24:1.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.