Piston orientation ruddertwin

Home Forum Ask A Member Piston orientation ruddertwin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• tinkerman

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 312
    Topics: 54

A quick response means I’ll hear it run in about 30 mins. Are the pistons oriented correct? Idk why but I thought each one was in a different by looking in the spark plugs hole, now I’m second guessing myself

It's a jungle out there.

frankr

Replies: 6715
    Topics: 51

Kind of an unusual shape, but the rule still stands, the sharp up-deflector side goes toward the intake ports (it’s correct).

tinkerman

Thanks Frank. Thought they were correct. Sill not having much luck with it starting. The fuel seems to be running out the exhaust and not getting to the plugs

It's a jungle out there.

The Boat House

Replies: 4549
    Topics: 111

tinkerman

Thanks tubs I’ll try tommorow maybe. Sometimes you do SO much to one over a short period of time, you need to just take a break for a day or two or end up getting fed up with it pretty quick. I’ve replaced the flywheel rebuilt the coil and timer replaced a piston ring now tore it BACK down to make sure pistons were in right, I just wanna hear it TRY to start at this point. ONE MORE QUESTION FOR RUDDERTWIN GUYS. when I spin the flywheel by hand (assuming I was sitting in a boat) I hear the click of the timer at about 4 or 5 o’clock.if I’m bouncing it against compression, how does it fire, because this happens at roughly 2 o’clock almost 180 degrees from where it fires. But it DID try to start by doing this (once) how does that work? If I’m not explaining myself clearly let me know

It's a jungle out there.

The Boat House

tinkerman

I had a nearby member (well respected elto guy) replace the bushing and clean everything up , he said it was good to go but would have to fine tune the timing. I’m 99% sure the timer is what’s making the click noise at around 4-5 o’clock, looking at the motor as if you were sitting in a boat.

It's a jungle out there.

The Boat House

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.