Home Forum Ask A Member Place to stay for Tomahawk.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    dan-in-tn
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Made my reservations for Tomahawk this afternoon in Merrill, WI. I have stayed there the last two years. About 23 miles from the site, but nice place. Previously (Badger Hotel) is now Boarders Inn & Suites, Merrill. Located 3209 East Main St. Merrill, WI 54452. 715-536-6880. Just off the main road (Hwy 51 at Hwy 64) west. They have redone the place with new beds and breakfast served in the morning. Susan Williams the General Manager is aware of the AOMCI meet & is welcoming anyone who would like to stay. Plenty of room at this time. Big parking lot for boats. There is a Walmart Super Center within eye sight as well as fast food, gas stations, etc.
      See rates online. Mine were $80 for two queen beds & then changes to $89 on the weekend. Several people came on down last year after problems were experienced in Tomahawk. Hopefully we can make enough splash with Susan to work out a Special rate in the future. I am staying Sunday 7/29 to Sunday 8/4.

Dan in TN

vintin
      Participant

I’d like to echo what Dan is saying.

We stayed there last year and liked it.

brook-n
        Participant

I will triple that! After staying in hotel Tundra last year dealing with a sore back plus the rain. I followed Dan back to the Badger and booked
          A room for the remainder of the week. Already booked this year’s stay.

Always look forward to my time in Tomahawk.

RICHARD A. WHITE
          Participant

Lifetime Member

Looking forward to a trip up north as well…keeping my fingers crossed

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
            classicomctools@gmail.com

george-emmanuel
            Participant

Mention to Susan there is a place in Tomahawk that needs her attention,—and you know which place I’m referring to….wink, wink!

George

dan-in-tn
              Participant

We discussed a variety of topics about Tomahawk & the rooming situation there. They just wish they were closer. A 15 to 20 minute ride in the morning is not bad. In the evening you feel like you are missing something? The first year I was by myself so I didn’t get in on any celebrations? This last year the weather was sporadic you were just glad to get back to a dry, warm room. A NICE room at the end of a long day is essential for me. I spent 25 yrs on the road & a crappy nites sleepy was something I tried not to tolerate.

Dan in TN

vintin
                Participant

For me the number one place to stay at Tomahawk, is at the campground there at the meeting. The evenings and late nights are very enjoyable. I miss that terribly when I stay at a motel 20 miles away. Last year I was traveling with a friend that is not camping friendly and we stayed in a motel. I really missed out and will not be staying in any motel there, ever again.

RICHARD A. WHITE
                  Participant

Lifetime Member

This is where my wife and I will be staying this year..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kub5iTcmGc

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
                    classicomctools@gmail.com

pm-t2
                    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I just sleep under a bridge… any bridge… trolls can’t be fussy eh

The Boat House
                      Participant
                        quote Richard A. White:

This is where my wife and I will be staying this year..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kub5iTcmGc

Air conditioning AND heated beads!!!!! Well la-d-da. 😉

Where does the lathe and the mill go?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.