Power Supply Voltage

Home Forum Ask A Member Power Supply Voltage

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 28 total)

• nj-boatbuilder57

Replies: 286
    Topics: 41

Well, there’s your answer!

PugetSoundBoater

Replies: 900
    Topics: 105

Anyone else have a Merc O Tronic 98? What do they use for a power supply?

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
    Robbie Robertson

Mumbles

Replies: 5764
    Topics: 298

So this one, rated at 2.93 amps, wouldn’t be a good choice for a 98 then?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/GS25A07-P1J-Mea … Sw8D9bpiXl

mercuryman: How often would the rheostat need to be cranked right up and draw 6 amps?

mercuryman

Replies: 467
    Topics: 167

When you test a coil are suppose to be tested for a short period at full power. So every coil test I go full for about 5 seconds.

outbdnut2

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 1705
    Topics: 91

CAUTION!……A rheostat cranked to max current (minimum resisatance) is same as a direct short on the battery. Leave it that way for too many seconds and the battery will self-destruct. Watch the wattage rating on the rheostat too, for example, If you have the rheostat set to draw 3 Amps at 7.2 volts, that is 21.6 Watts – the rheostat will get hot in a hurry – it is rated to dissipate that wattage? some are, some aren’t. With it cranked up to a dead short, all that heat is happening inside the battery – bad news.

I may have misunderstood – I assumed you were putting a rheostat directly on the battery with a current meter, and that’s all – if the rheostat you are talking about is in the Merc test instrument, disregard what I just said.
    Dave

dave-bernard

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 2014
    Topics: 30

Read the manual. Don’t run the test more than a few seconds…… just enough to get a reading with spark. longer will destroy the coil also. I use the Radio control Battery and charger last a long time between charges. would not go any other way.

alieleite

Replies: 1
    Topics: 0

Hello Mumbles…I also have a observation here. The degree to which the advertised loaded voltage goes up during a no-load voltage is called regulation, and depending on the design of the power supply can vary from perfect regulation where no-load voltage equal to loaded voltage to absolutely dismal regulation where the NLV skyrockets.

pcb assembly process

nj-boatbuilder57

Replies: 286
    Topics: 41

Wow. Just…wow.

So you’re very first post here is to plagiarize what I wrote in post #2??? That’s really, really weird.

The Boat House

Replies: 4550
    Topics: 111

He may be agreeing with you and supporting you in your opinion.
    Being new he may just be looking to participate.

2fast4me

Replies: 276
    Topics: 21

Welcome aboard AlieLeite! You are welcome here from southwestern Wisconsin.

2Fast4Me

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.