Home Forum Ask A Member Prop suggestion for running twins

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    twinrudes
    Participant

Howdy,
      I am in the process of rebuilding a pair of 1957 Evinrude 35 HP Electric Start Big Twins.
      Any suggestions on what props to use?
      They are going to power a 1957 Crestliner Voyager Hardtop.
      Thanks,
      John

lloyd
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Cool project.
        More specific info about total weight, length, number of passengers would be helpful. My data shows 1956 Voyager Hardtop is 18′ and 510 #dry and rated for 60 hp. Transom width 54". Any extra floor weight? Fishing boxes and gear? etc.

My Alumacraft Super CS is 15′, 400# dry, Transom width 58" with twin 57 35hp Javelins. So your boat is 3′ longer, about 100# heavier with narrower transom (and slightly wider amidships). I use twin AJC 465 (10 diam X 16 1/2 pitch 2 blade brass). I get 35 MPH with two people and about the same with 4-5 people. About 30 # of anchor, tools, and life jackets. Humongous torque and instant hole shot with twin blades and 70hp. Mid speed acceleration from fuel saving cruise throttle to WOT is a neck whipping thrill. Great fun!

Assuming both your 35’s are fairly low hour (about 120-130psi) and properly tuned I am guessing you could safely run twin AJC 460’s (10X15) or AJC 461’s (10X 15 1/2). AJC 465’s may be a little too much for your larger boat and heavier load.

lloyd
        Participant

I Tried to add a photo to my post from photobucket by adding the IMG code from photobucket same way as I did with the old board, but it won’t post the photo. What am I doing wrong?

lloyd
          Participant

lloyd
            Participant

That worked. So photo has to be added to a separate post???

lloyd
              Participant

Text and photo cannot be added to the same post??

lloyd
                Participant

I tried to add the photo to my original post 5 times and it didn’t work. Then it did work on the short post above. Then I tried to post this same explanation with no photo at all and that didn’t work either. Is there some kind of computer glitch going on here?? I don’t understand computers.

jerry-ahrens
                  Participant

Lloyd that’s a beautiful boat! That has to be my favorite Alumacraft, with twin Javelins it’s even better. I’ll have to talk you out of a ride some time.

mr-asa
                    Participant

quote Lloyd:

I tried to add the photo to my original post 5 times and it didn’t work. Then it did work on the short post above. Then I tried to post this same explanation with no photo at all and that didn’t work either. Is there some kind of computer glitch going on here?? I don’t understand computers.

Lloyd, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t work to have a picture and post at the same time. The forum might not allow you to post so quickly, or there could be a couple other things going on.

If you have issues, PM me and I’ll try to walk you through it.

lloyd
                      Participant

Thanks. I will just take it slow and try to get used to it. Just gotta remember to copy my posts, so I don’t loose them in hyperspace. Sorry about my confusion and multiple posts.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.