Home Forum Ask A Member propeller I.D.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hydrojet
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I have a 3 blade bronze propeller with markings of Michigan SX 16502, _mc 26 8" x ? pitch. I couldn’t find anything in my Michigan props fr0m
      1944 to 60. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

weedlessdrive
      Participant

I can’t find anything in my catalog that runs from late 20’s to 1942. Most of the early codes are one letter followed by three numbers.

r-c
        Participant

Lifetime Member

Those numbers appear to be a re-work service number. Many of the service stations use their own code, usually all numbers when they repair a prop. A lot of the early OMC props have the part number and diameter and pitch cast at the inner hub. You have to scrape the crap away to see it with a good eye and flash light.

Indian Group Leader
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

The closest thing I have found is AMC260 which is a 3 blade bronze prop that is 8.5" x 10 pitch and fits the following:

1950-1957 Johnson/Evinrude 10HP
            1950-1960 Johnson/Evinrude 14HP, 15HP, and 18HP

I don’t know if that helps, but I tried.

Tom

weedlessdrive
            Participant

Do you have a picture of it maybe and measure the shaft diameter? That might help narrow it down.

hydrojet
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Shaft dia. is 5/8 I found info onamc26 for merc mark 10. I will try pics. Thanks. I thought 16502 was interesting 502 ? Most small merc are 7/16 1/2 "

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.