Propeller nut and propeller

Home Forum Ask A Member Propeller nut and propeller

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• weedlessdrive

Replies: 150
    Topics: 23

I have a propeller nut that is stuck on my 35 Weedless lower unit won’t budge? Also the propeller is stuck on the shaft on my other one. I’m sure this is common on brass propellers and steel shafts. Any ideas? Should I just heat the nut on the one that’s stuck? How do I loosen the prop from the shaft just soak it in penetrating oil?
    Also does anyone know who rebuilds the rubber in the old props from the 30’s?
    Thanks
    Marty

r-c

Lifetime Member
    Replies: 105
    Topics: 10

This is what happens when they don’t put grease on those parts and it sits for years.
    Mild heat, propane, Mapp gas may be too hot, is about your only course of action and penetrating oil. You can make your own penetrating oil by mixing transmission oil with acetone 50/50 mix.
    Don’t know anyone who can replace the rubber clutch in the prop. Maybe just epoxy it and let the shear pin do the work if you hit something. The rubber clutch is more important with a gear shift model than a direct drive.

garry-in-michigan

Lifetime Member
    Replies: 3583
    Topics: 31

This might help . . . 😀

weedlessdrive

Thanks RC that’s what I was thinking. The drawing is great Garry thanks it will help.
    Marty

weedlessdrive

I took the shaft gear off the front and the whole prop shaft slides out the back. Decided not to worry with the prop now rather than mess the rubber up inside.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.