Home Forum Ask A Member QD18 connecting rod bushing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

US Member

I picked up a 1957 QD-18-H 10hp Johnson for $20 at a yard sale. During tear down I found one of the connecting rods was “loose” at the top where the piston wrist pin rides. There was a bushing there that was fractured, hence the loose fit. The con rod surface under the area where that bushing had been was pristine. I wondered if there was a replacement bushing that can be pressed into the top of the connecting rod. The parts diagrams I have seen do not show such a part, only the complete connecting rod- part 376223. Any help would be appreciated.

jeff-register
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Guy,
        If anyone would know it would be Dan Gano @ 712-336-3297. He has many old OMC parts & very nice guy. Give him a call!!
        Jeff

1 user thanked author for this post.
        frankr
        Participant

US Member

Wow, I haven’t seen a rod bushing tore up like that. However the 10 hp motors were notorious for beating the wrist pins loose in the pistons. To correct that, the pistons, rods, wrist pins, and wrist pin bearings were replaced with 1961-63 parts. That gave larger wrist pin diameter and the same roller bearing as large motor had. If you take the piston number and follow through with the superseding part numbers, you will find a list of the parts required for the update.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.