Home Forum Ask A Member "No W10" Download, Restore 7 or 8 Download? Stop "get W10" Pop-up

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    beerman57
    Participant

I just ran it om my PC, it even gets it out from taking up disc space and the window icon is now gone from the lower right of my screen.

tinyurl.com/z5n6wh8

If you’re hesitant about running it, PM me in a few days and I’ll let you know it’s going.

RICHARD A. WHITE
      Participant

Lifetime Member

got a link?

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
        classicomctools@gmail.com

dsaulsbury
        Participant

US Member

Copy/paste from his post.

tinyurl.com/z5n6wh8

You get "Never 10" website

Mumbles
          Participant

I don’t know why you wouldn’t want to use Windows 10.

beerman57
            Participant

Put "www." in front of the tinyurl…………..

beerman57
              Participant

Restore to W7 or 8 if it’s been less than 30 days (www.tinyurl.com/jdb7jux)

reivertom
                Participant

US Member

It made me mad when Windows 10 invited itself to take over my computer. It’s one thing to download a program yourself and another when it does it without your permission. When it switched over we lost some stuff and our favorite lists. Luckily I saw the part where it said you could revert back if it was within 30 days. Gee, wasn’t it nice of the Widows people to allow us to keep our chosen system…

Mumbles
                  Participant
                    quote reivertom:

When it switched over we lost some stuff and our favorite lists.

Your favorites list isn’t lost. It’s just lurking somewhere and it can be retrieved. I can’t remember exactly how it’s done but you have to go into your settings to import your favorites back. Doing a Google search will explain how to do it to.

As for ‘Edge’, it can be turned off just like anything which came with the Win 10 installation and Chrome or any one of your favorite browsers can be used instead. After personalising it, you won’t even know Win 10 is your main OS. 😎

49hiawatha
                    Participant

Remember bite the bullet day is July 29 ,2016. After that date the geeks claim you will have to pay Microsoft for the installation . $99 and up depending on what you currently are using. Additionally, the August roll=out will bring "new" features. So here I sit with my Windows 7 happy but business forces demand the market be churned for bigger/better/and "buy" more product. I suppose that is why some here like the old iron instead of the new. 🙂

reivertom
                      Participant

US Member

I hate it when some geek in an office wants to drag me into the future……..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.