Home Forum Ask A Member RBM help needed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ausob-collector
    Participant

Hi all

A friend of mine here down under is following up a lead on an Evinrude RBM and asked me to post on here to see if anyone can help him with some things.

Evinrude Model B
      Ser. 22176

Patented Aug.22 1911- Dec.11 1911

He has asked for some decent pictures of any that you may have, and also experiences you have had with them – both good and bad.

Cheers and thanks in advance
      BP

skeg
      Participant

Hello BP,

According to your serial number this motor was made in 1914. The range for 1914 was 20,000 to 49,999.
        This motor should be a single cylinder rated at 2.0 HP. Bore: 2 1/8. Stroke 2 1/2. It would have originally had decals on the tank. These are available through the club store. The 1914 year introduced the flywheel Magnito as well as the Maxim Silencer. Both optional according to the catalog.
        The 1914 catalog listed the motor at $80.00 with the Magneto. These are nice motors and getting hard to find in complete condition.
        For additional information I would suggest looking up the Rowboat Motor Journal on Google. Also look at Jack Craib’s RBM site online. The American Rowboat Motor by Alan Carter is also a great book with lost of pics and information. There are several other members in the club that have great information on this motor. After doing your initial research, I would recommend reaching out to Brooke Newcomb who is the leader for the RBM portion of the club. He is very knowledgeable and experienced and can be very helpful. He is listed in the club directory. I hope this helps to get you started. These are real fun motors and great to get going.

Cheers,
        Skeg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.