RBM WIRING DIAGRAM

Home Forum Ask A Member RBM WIRING DIAGRAM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
    joellerich

US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 26
    Topics: 22

I am looking for a wiring diagram for a Evinrude 1914 model B RBM with magneto ignition. e-mail to john.oellerich1525@gmail.com

thanks

gofastgramps

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 53
    Topics: 24

I think a few more of us would like to have one, if available.

Tubs
    Tubs

US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 2673
    Topics: 154

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by TubsTubs.
    jimparrott

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 29
    Topics: 2

Tubs,

I have always wanted to try this on my 1916 Evinrude, it’s hard to get started when cold but starts easily and runs good after. Was it common to use the battery for warm up then switch back to straight magneto, or leave the battery hooked up?

Also can you post how to connect a Buzz coil ignition instead of using the magneto. Was always scared to ruin my already weak magneto by hooking one up wrong.

Thanks
    Jim

wbeaton

Canada Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 734
    Topics: 78

To use a buzz box you need to disconnect the coil and condenser and only use the points. The battery booster option is a better way to go because it only requires a battery and leaves the magneto intact.

Wayne
    Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

Tubs
    Tubs

US Member - 1 Year

jimparrott

US Member - 2 Years

Wayne and Tubs

That answers my questions. Will make a battery and switch assembly for my weak magneto. I also have another Evinrude with a dead magneto and will hook a buzz coil as suggested to the points.

Thanks

Jim

jimparrott

US Member - 2 Years

Tubs,

I forgot to mention, you did a nice job on the switch. Looks like it belongs there.

Jim

joellerich

US Member - 1 Year

Thanks to everyone that replied. Just what I needed, plus additional information.

Thanks

John

joellerich

US Member - 1 Year

Second question about my 1914 RBM. The tank is very rusted on the inside. I have been looking for something that will stop the rust and still be resistant to gasoline. I also found a loose piece of metal inside. It looks like it might have been some kind of baffle. Any help about the rust or loose piece of metal would be appreciated. Auto parts store recommended Permatex Rust Treatment #81773 then prime and paint. Permatex tech support says the rust treatment alone will dissolve in gasoline.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

RICHARD A. WHITE
    RICHARD A. WHITE

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 1698
    Topics: 131

RedKote is excellent for the inside as it is made for fuel tanks, and that is a baffle, guessing the solder has failed and it is now just a loose piece of metal moving around in there…
    An individual that has great motivation could take the tank apart and then have much better access to the inside for cleaning purposes as well as proper coating..BUT that task is not for the faint of heart..

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com

Tubs
    Tubs

US Member - 1 Year

ausf233

Replies: 123
    Topics: 15

I would love to see how you re-solder these tanks tubs. In particular the heat source, solder and flux you use and how you actually go about it.

I am attempting to repair broken solder joints on the tank brackets of an Elto G and as soon as the solder reaches meting temparature it just flows away. I don’t seem to be able to get the solder to flow on to bracket. Not sure if that’s because of contamination underneath the bracket or because its not hot enough for the solder to melt against it. And it’s already tinned!

The more I try, the bigger the problem becomes.

Very frustrating as I’m an electronics engineers with decades of soldering experience. I just don’t seem to be able to transfer those skills to tanks.

PS: sorry to change subject.

Regards,
    Spiro

Tubs
    Tubs

US Member - 1 Year

Tubs
    Tubs

US Member - 1 Year

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.