Home Forum Ask A Member Re: Opinions and experiences with plans from boatdesigns.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vwbusman66
    Participant

Hi all, I am looking into building a small and simple boat for my outboards. I found the company boatdesign.com and was wondering if anyone had any experience. Also, how would I best set up a steering wheel control and throttle for a Johnson HD-25 to allow me to sit forward if I were to build a small boat from them like the 8′ PeeWee.
      Any help is appreciated, James

wiscoboater
      Participant

Boatdesign.com is actually a company called Glen L. I’m in the process of building my second Glen L boat called a Zip. My first was their Squirt model. The plans are a bit dated, but if you are looking for classic 50’s and 60’s boat design to go with your classic motors then Glen L is hard to beat. They offer full material sales and full kits – lumber if needed. They also run a full service website where every bit of information needed is available through both written text, chatting with other boat builders or full start to finish tutorials on just about every boat plan they offer. You really can’t go wrong with their plans as long as you follow them closely and use the recommended materials. One thing to consider when building your own boat is material costs. You will save money over buying a new boat no doubt, but it is still not a cheap date if you do it right.

mercuryman
        Participant

Check out this site they have free plans from 1950’s. I built the Flying Fisherman.

http://www.svensons.com/boat/

Steve A W
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Check out the Duckworks website; http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/

Member of the MOB chapter.
            I live in Northwest Indiana

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.