Home Forum Ask A Member Scott-Atwater fuel connector

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jpatti75
    Participant

US Member

Gents,

I’m looking to purchase a Scott Atwater fuel connector for my Corsair project, and I found one for sale, but the seller says it leaks. Do these have an o-ring inside that can be replaced? Also, I read somewhere that the smaller Mercury fuel connector (for the MERC39 and MERC60 models) will work with the male Scott motorside fittings. Can anyone confirm that is true; if so, I won’t buy a Scott fitting as a have a couple small Merc fittings.

Here is the Scott fitting like the one I referenced above:

Thanks,
      JP

ed-sam
      Participant

JP, That is true. The small one fits and I have seen that Merc connector go for $50 plus. Ed

jpatti75
        Participant

US Member

Thanks for confirming the Merc fitting, Ed. I think I have 3 of those little guys.

JP

Mumbles
          Participant

If your connector is leaking, you can put a new O ring in it to fix the leak.

A few years back I fixed a couple of them. I’m pretty sure I had to heat up the connector to get it apart as it had a sealer between the two halves. A standard O ring from an assortment kit fit right in and with a bit of sealer, the two halves got pressed back together and the job was done.

Attachments:

jpatti75
            Participant

US Member

Thanks for the repair tip, Mumbles. I’m going to give my Merc fitting a try, but it is good to know you can fix up the Scott fittings!

JP

retiredoz
              Participant

Thanks, Jim. I kinda figured you’d figure it out. I looked thru a batch of service info, but I’ve never seen a how-to-fix on these fittings. Maybe they just didn’t leak very often ?

20mercman
                Participant

US Member

Funny story Jason; I have been using the small Mercury fittings for some time, and have had good luck with them. I then found a Scott connector at our swap meet. The same meet where I sold my McCulloch/Sears 14hp. ($35…cheap!) The new buyer for the 14hp asked me…..Do you have a fuel fitting for this? It was in my pocket. 🙄 Oh well, I will keep using my Mercury fittings. 😆

Steve

jeff-register
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Jason,
                    Yes thank you for asking. I have a few smaller Scotts as well. A press fit is all it takes, cool!
                    Most of this stuff is easy once the trick is known.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.