Home Forum Ask A Member Sea King 83-X Trolling Motor?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    minrelica
    Participant

Hello.. I figured that if anyone was able to answer my questions that this is probably the right place.

Over the weekend I purchased this vintage Sea King trolling motor at a garage sale. Owner had it priced at $65, marked down to $40.. I paid $35. I bought it knowing nothing about it. I didn’t research market value, year, etc. I liked the look and figured it was probably worth more than what I was paying. I planned to research it when I got back home.

My questions: Why is it so hard to find any info on this motor? None for sale, no sold listings.. I find a couple of photos but when I click them it’s bringing me to a different motor. Even if it’s cheap or undesirable, you can usually find out some info. Perhaps I’m just looking in the wrong place.

Is it a model 83-X or 83-X 4705?
      Year?
      Worth what I paid?

I does work quite well. The seller spun me a yarn about how it was never used once but I had to point out that it obviously has been.

Thanks,

P.G.

Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member

I know nothing about it, but it’s a neat looking collectible electric motor,
        and I would have paid $35 for it any day!

Prepare to be boarded!

frankr
        Participant

US Member

I am away from home, so don’t have my literature, but in bygone days, EAO meant made by Evinrude.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          minrelica
          Participant

Interesting fact about Evinrude, thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.