Home Forum Ask A Member Sea King Info

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Oldpilot
    Participant

I found an old Sea King 3hp outboard motor, model GG-9000A, in our family barn. I remember my grandfather and father using it in the early to mid 1950’s. It has probably been in the barn since 1964. I have the owners manual, too, which was taped to the stand. I have no idea of value. I am in the DFW area.
      Any advice?

outboardnut
      Participant

US Member

what do u want to do with it?
        sell? or restore?

Mumbles
        Participant

What you have is an OMC Gale division built 1956 Sea King three horse motor originally sold by Montgomery-Ward.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Mumbles.
          Oldpilot
          Participant

I don’t need the motor. It brought back great memories, and I would like it to go to someone who appreciates it, not just for the money. I have no clue about shipping, but I am not trying to make money…unless the thing is worth a million bucks…:)
            Paul

frankr
            Participant

US Member

Interesting motors, Easy to service and they run well, but certainly not worth a million bucks. Actually, like most old motors, somebody will spend more on them than they could ever hope to get back. Like me. I only have 10 or 12 of them under various brand names, mostly Buccaneer brand.

100_1728

Oldpilot
              Participant

Sell it more than likely. It needs a good home after 50 plus years sitting in a barn. I will get some photos on my next trip to tge ranch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.