Home Forum Ask A Member Shift rod bushing replacement? Evinrude Lark III

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mr-asa
    Participant

I seem to remember you take a tap and thread the bushing, then screw in a bolt and knock it out? What size thread is that? Other tips for the job?

RICHARD A. WHITE
      Participant

Lifetime Member

I believe you can again buy the tool from OMC, if memory serves it is like $10…

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
        classicomctools@gmail.com

frankr
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I seem to remember you take a tap and thread the bushing, then screw in a bolt and knock it out? What size thread is that? Other tips for the job?

5/16-18. Run the tap in just a few threads, then the bushing can be reused.

mr-asa
          Participant

5/16-18. Run the tap in just a few threads, then the bushing can be reused.

I picked up a new one. Trying to make sure I don’t have to worry about this motor for as long as possible. Thanks, Frank

GLEN DEUTSCH
            Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

You can make a tool using a long spade bit and grinding off the point and edges of the bit. The other end,the end that would go into the drill, will fit nicely into the bushing. The bit thickens after about two inches and the bushing can be easily driven out. No need to ruin the bushing by tapping

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.