Home Forum Ask A Member Simple at motor electric starter system for a 1964 Evinrude 18hp Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cajuncook1
    Participant

Ok, a friend of my father-in-law’s called and wanted to know if the starter bracket, solenoid, safety switch, and electric starter from 1974 Johnson 25hp would fit a 1964 Evinrude 18hp. The set up would be a simple start at motor option without the electric choke.

I think it would be fine, but really wanted know for sure. I can’t find if an accessory kit for 1964 Evinrude 18hp with part numbers would have the same matching parts numbers.

Thanks,
      David T.

Mumbles
      Participant

I’m pretty sure it will Dave. I’ve converted several motors to electric start but I’ve lost track of which bracket came from which motor. The only difference in them was the solenoid mounting location. Some had the solenoid on the starboard bracket while others had it by the starter on the port bracket.

I have a few 18’s- 20’s apart right now and can check several starter brackets later today for you.

From the ’63 Johnson accesories catalogue:

cajuncook1
        Participant

Mumbles, that is very nice of you! I would appreciate your assistance.

Cheers,

David T.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.