Home Forum Ask A Member Soderbloom’s prop repair

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    hugh
    Participant

I have had two props repaired by Soderbloom’s and they look great. Can’t test them till next summer, IF WE Have water. They seem very reasonable at $25 + $10 for return shipping, for 10 hp E/J. Has anyone had any dealings with them?

jpatti75
      Participant

US Member

Did that include a new hub, Hugh? Regardless, a prop repair for that price is a good deal!

JP

hugh
        Participant

No, no hub, just tig weld up the damage. Reshape and balance . I thought the price was good too. I had the Sportwinn out for a couple days on our kinda low lake and smaked a rock at about half speed. I was worried about the gear case or prop shaft, but the skeg took the hit with just a small dent. The prop was not so lucky. So now I have two good props for it. I have put all my motors away for this year as the lake is almost dry. They say we have an "El Nino" weather pattern shaping up that could mean a WET winter :mrgreen: I sure hope so as all three of my Aluminum boats will be good to go next spring. I am about 10 days away for spraying the color on my A/T Sportsman. Made a new windshield for it so another month I can put it away and do the seats this winter.

frankr
          Participant

US Member

If you can figure out a way, I’ll ship you some of our water. All our low spots are flooded. But that’s our normal summer rain pattern. Anyhoo, I’ve noticed Soderblooms website, and found it interesting. Glad to get a report on them.

jpatti75
            Participant

US Member

Yep, I just heard the El Niño report this morning, Hugh. Sounds like come October, you guys should finally start to get some rain. It’s a shame you have to wait that long.

Thanks for the recommendation on the prop shop!

hugh
              Participant

Ya, we got out twice before they drained the lake for irrigation. We have a couple lakes 2 hrs south east that have good water but just been to busy to go, or we have been gone. I am just making the best of it and getting ready for next season. If I have to drive to get my big boats in the water, I’ll do it.

mark-kaylor
                Participant

ARE YOU ABLE TO REPAIR A MERCURY SPUN OUT PROP?

hugh
                  Participant

I wish I could do that. I don’t know of anyone that does/

auldscott
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Soderbloom’s repaired a badly nicked propeller for my 25 Yamaha (done by previous owner). Excellent work, no delays or surprises. Much recommended.

garry-in-michigan
                      Participant

Lifetime Member

Some have drilled and tapped for three equally spaced screws around the circumference, locking the prop blades to the inner core. This requires switching to a brass shear pin. Note that the rubber hub absorbs some of the shock when shifting so this will accelerate the ware of the clutch dogs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.