Spam and Telemarketer phone calls

Home Forum Ask A Member Spam and Telemarketer phone calls

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Indian Group Leader

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 83
    Topics: 6

The "Do Not Call" lists, both "State of Texas" and "Federal", absolutely suck!! After I signed up with both of them, my number of calls actually increased. My solution was to attach an answering machine and screen all calls. A call I received yesterday was supposedly from the IRS and threatening a lawsuit if I did not call their unlisted number in New York. I forwarded the information to the Treasury fraud department. I hope it causes the caller a lot of grief, but I am not betting on it.

Tom

jerry-ahrens

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 986
    Topics: 40

I love it when I scramble to get to the phone with greasy hands, only to find it’s a telemarketer! Maybe I’ll just drop the phone in the test tank!

The Boat House

Replies: 4549
    Topics: 111

We still have an answering machine.
    I tell everyone I know that if you
    start to leave a message and I am
    home I will pick up ( if I want to
    talk to them). If I’m not home
    I get back to them when I get the
    chance. If a telemarketer’s machine
    wants to talk to my machine its OK
    with me but it seems that their machine
    knows it has contacted another machine
    and it normally hangs up.

jw-in-dixie

Replies: 371
    Topics: 23

Melugin, you sound like my grandson. When he is around and a sales call comes in I let him answer.
    He starts off in a Japanese/English dialect and immediately scolds the caller because he can’t reply in Japanese. Funniest conversation you ever heard. The caller soon gives up and we all have a good laugh.

Yeah, "do not call" sounded good until they exempted politicians and non-profits. Heck, those amount to
    about 90% of the calls I get. 👿

JW in Dixie

reivertom

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 790
    Topics: 40

There are shady marketers that use an ever changing return phone number so the "do not call" list is useless. The numbers change so much they aren’t traceable so they get away with it. We have dealt with this bunch called "Card Services" for years calling us up to 4 time per day. I started pressing number one to "talk to an associate" and acting like an idiot savant, gas station attendant, 7 eleven cashier, mechanic’s shop goofball, hillbilly idiot (not too much of a stretch), moron, old man that can’t hear, etc, etc.. After I do that they must flag my number for a while and it gets better for a month or two. I’d like to personally horse whip the scumbags who run this outfit.

jw-in-dixie

Replies: 371
    Topics: 23

My brother used to try to sell the caller a life insurance policy. That usually resulted in a quick hangup.

JW in Dixie

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.