Home Forum Ask A Member Starting Ab-25 Johnson motor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    muddog2
    Participant

Well, I went out this morning and put the motor in a barrel so I could see if the water pump worked. I cleaned it last week. I flooded the engine right off. Took out plugs, closed petcock valve, and pulled 8 times. II put the plugs back in and tried to start the motor with the carb set on fast and the armature handle over the carb in the center. It sputtered a few times no more than a couple seconds. I took the plugs out and changed gap to 20. Someone told me to set the gap to 30. With the petcock valve off I pulled 8 or 9 times and it ran a few seconds each time. I opened the petcock valve and after a couple of pulls it started. Had needle valve 1/2 turn out. Seems to run rough at slow speeds. It backfired a couple of times also. Good news is the water pump works. Now I just need to play around with this motor until I learn how to operate it. Here is a link to video of it running today. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000043664975
      Thanks again for all the help
      Robert Clark

muddog2
      Participant

Went out after supper and I got the needle set. Motor ran like a champ. in slow and fast setting. Ready for the lake next weekend.

The Boat House
        Participant

muddog2
          Participant

Yep!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.