Home Forum Ask A Member Super Elto Speedster ID

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    wbeaton
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

The earliest Speedsters may not have a serial number on the block. The crankcase on the one posted is the early style so I’m sure it’s truly 60050.

Wayne
      Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

The Boat House
      Participant

Jean-François TRAINI
        Participant

International Member - 2 Years

I have reproduced serial numbers tags for your motor if you ever decide to restore it.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by eltoquad.

I’m interested for sure. The two questions are “How much for the plate?” and “Do you ship to France?”

wbeaton
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I couldn’t agree more, Tubs. This is an excellent opportunity for all of us. The Speedster should have a timer specific to it. Part of what makes a Speedster faster is the increase in timing advance. Sam Vance wrote a great article that was published in the January 1976 issue of the Antique Outboarder that points out the differences in the “1927” Speedsters and those that followed it.

Wayne
            Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

eltoquad
            Participant

US Member

The plates are $37.50 post pd to US addresses. I’d have to look into what it’d cost to ship to France if you’re interested in plate at that price plus additional postage.

Jean-François TRAINI
              Participant

I am 🙂

Jean-François TRAINI
                Participant

https://youtu.be/5GRrmslnz2A

Thanks Tubs! Lots to learn and lots of great advice here, as I know better the twins equipped with the “universal mag”…

No # at all on the crankcase

What is the spring loaded button on the left of the tiller handle mount for? It’s missing on mine and a part of the mount is broken at the other end of the hole…

Is there a special method to remove the flywheel or do I have to “gently” use a bronze hammer?

Good news, two stroke oil / kerosene (1/10) made it! Now to go to ignition: one of the spark plug wires no longer fits in the coil, and it seems a bit rusty around there (!) Another of your useful videos to watch…

Best regards, JF

The Boat House
                  Participant

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    wbeaton
                    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Brass hammer on the flywheel nut and some upward pressure on the flywheel is the best method to remove the flywheel.

The tiller bracket is commonly broken on the early Speedsters. It is also different from the later motors.

Edited.

Sorry. I misread your question and answered a question you never asked. Lol

Wayne
                      Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by wbeaton.
                      1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.