Home Forum Ask A Member tank vent question on 50's era dual line tank

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    outbdnut2
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Good explanation of Pascal’s Law regarding pressure!
      Dave

Opps – somehow this double posted – maybe I double-clicked. I know how to edit, but don’t know how to delete a post I made.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by outbdnut2.
      Rick Robbins
      Participant

Well to see what mine line pressure is while running I’m going to run it tomorrow with a gauge in the fuel line and see where it falls. If it’s within the limits, I’ll have to re examine my previous opinion of the float/needle and seat.

garry-in-michigan
        Participant

Lifetime Member

You cannot go by looks on those cork floats. The factory sealed them with shellac, and of coarse adding alcohol makes laquer which goes everywhere. Since todays fuels are 10 to 15% alcohol’, it is easy for a cork float to absorb enough fuel to reduce it’s buoyonts.y. If is is in super shape, bake it to get rid of the absorbed fuel and then seal it with FUEL P?OOF airplane dope, or thin Super Glue.

PugetSoundBoater
          Participant

if you choose to “bake it” to get the old fuel and moisture evaporated out of the float, be sure your oven door has a real strong latch and hinge., and don’t stand in front of the oven door.
            🙂

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
            Robbie Robertson

Rick Robbins
            Participant

I did finally run it with a pressure gauge and it was running 5 1/2 lbs. What solved the problem was a thicker gasket, 301999, than the one I made for the casting to the main jet and the check valve in the bowl bottom. #42-62

outboardnut
              Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

What temp do you bake it at?

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.