Home Forum Ask A Member Those offshore coils

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    fifty20ne
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Do a return through EBay. They will issue you a prepaid return label that you print out and attach to package! Good Luck!

David Bartlett
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Personally I will spend $22 for the BRP coils. For me, the peace of mind is worth the extra money. I don’t want to do the job again, or have to deal with the wrong product being shipped.
        If we keep working so hard at beating the dealer, pretty soon the dealer will be gone and we won’t have a choice.

David Bartlett
        Pine Tree Boating Club Chapter

"I don't fully understand everything I know!"

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

“to beat or be beaten” that is the question ! sometimes dealers (any type) will beat themselves out of business so it is a delicate balancing act

most of us use wallymart…and we know what that has done to the corner stores. πŸ™

Joining AOMCI has priviledges πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by crosbyman.
          Mumbles
          Participant

Coils are $49.95 each plus tax at my friendly OMC/BRP dealer. Since I’ve also lost my 15% discount for being a regular customer, they have also lost me as being a customer, period. Trying to survive on pension doesn’t allow for such luxuries so parts must be sourced from wherever. I can buy almost four offshore coils for the price of one BRP coil and they both do the same job.

crosbyman
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

and… the upsetting part is that notwithstanding the exchange rate which I understand and accept the price of things usually shoots up (sometimes double- triple) North of the border ??

enough to motivate a search for cheaper suppliers. Evolution I guess

I use to work for the Telco.(70’s-90’s) ..people complained about the high cost of LD all the time while local service was $20 and then in the 70’s…. LD competition was opened up

Now we have free LD , internet wi-fi snapchat, facebook tweets, twits etc… and we pay 200$-300$ + a month for telecoms services incl TV and can’t have a #2 without being disturbed while the boss expects you to read e-mails at 02:00 a.m.

Joining AOMCI has priviledges πŸ™‚

jcrigan
              Participant

I did search on alibaba for these coils. They do make a lot of different kinds for different applications. These coils that I received will fit the Kawasaki type FR FS FX series motors. Looking on Amazon and ebay I can see why they were reluctant to send me the coils that I ordered. These coils average about $40 apiece and the cheapest were about $23. They had already lost money on that sale to me.Anybody need coils for their Kawasaki engine cheap?

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.