Home Forum Ask A Member Thoughts on seat placement?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mr-asa
    Participant

At the point in my ’59 Lonestar Flamingo where I get to figure out where to put the seats. Front seats are easy, but I’ve got a lot of leeway with the rear.

My thoughts on it were roughly these two options (greatly exaggerated):

The top one would have the cooler and any fishing gear up front, and you’d have the seat fold down in order to get to the gas tank and any storage stuff in the back.
      Bottom one would allow for a cooler to be in back and more open storage, seat would fold down in order to get back there to everything.

My concern is with the weight balance for the boat. Normally I won’t have people with me, but if I do I’m not sure which would be best for seating. I feel like I might need to mock everything up.
      Anyone have any insight into what might be best?

dave-bernard
      Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

If you have people with you the center seat would be best JMHO.

kerry
        Participant

The bottom option with the reversible back you were thinking of earlier would be the ticket if skiing or tubing were on the menu. No backwards seating is a pain in the neck, literally, for the observer

If you have too many, AND not enough, you're a collector.

need2fish
          Participant

My .02:
            o Having the rear seat row up against the bilge makes it difficult to manhandle the tank and battery in and out. It also creates people congestion when you have a ski rope to haul in or when you need to moor/un-moor the stern.

o How long is the boat and what is the HP ? That will determine how far forward you can move the rear seats. For a 14 or 15′ boat you have few choices. it’ll maximize space usage if the rear row of seats are facing sternward.

mr-asa
            Participant

She is a 16 footer, from the end of the bowcap/steering wheel to the transom is 9.5 feet. Going to have a 40HP Lark III powering her for now. Max HP is 70HP I think?

kerry
              Participant

Centerline length 14′ 9″, gunwale length 16′. Weight approx. 500 lbs. max hp 70. Hope this works. http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/images/7/7a/Lonestarb60007.jpg

If you have too many, AND not enough, you're a collector.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.