Home Forum Ask A Member ultasonic cleaner

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    billy-t
    Participant

I bought a small cleaner recently from HF, used a couple times, is it normal operation to run for 3 minutes and then stop? Timed cycle? or should it run until shut off cant find the directions, lol.

Thanks

brian-grigsby
      Participant

Try this for the manual.
        http://manuals.harborfreight.com/manual … /03305.pdf

jpatti75
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Yes, the little one runs for three minute cycles.

JP

billy-t
          Participant

Thanks

r-delawter
            Participant

You will like using your usc and will find many uses for it. Having a heated one really helps with the cleaning process.

tom-c
              Participant

Great for cleaning those brass fixed jets in the JWs and Lightwins! use hot water with a little vinegar and salt. Then rinse thoroughly.

r-delawter
                Participant
                  quote Tom C:

Great for cleaning those brass fixed jets in the JWs and Lightwins! use hot water with a little vinegar and salt. Then rinse thoroughly.

I have used vinegar it’s self so I will try it with adding a little salt.

billy-t
                  Participant

I haven’t really had any great results, the three minutes cycles on my unit seems rather useless. I have been using pine-sol and water, will try vinegar and salt.

I likely should have bought the one that runs for longer cycles. What would be a reasonable time to clean a carb for example?

r-delawter
                    Participant

I have a longer timer on mine and I leave some carburetors in 1/2 hour or more.
                      Pine-sol will discolor some things. I would think the vinegar solution will too. Its important to know what the various solutions will do to different metals before using them. I have cleaned lots of carbs in a soap solution using ( awesome ) and water. It does a good job much of the time and has been non corrosive for me. I purchase it at the Dollar Store. Other folks will chime in with other good things to use.

r-delawter
                      Participant

You can also do a Google search on ultrasonic cleaners and learn a lot.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.