water witch MB 571-10

Home Forum Ask A Member water witch MB 571-10

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

• RICK PENNO

Replies: 3
    Topics: 2

I am a new member from the lake of the ozarks in Mo.
    I picked up a water witch 571-10 last week and I am looking for a copy of a service manual.
    Also looking for the front lower part of the cowel and a nice prop for this motor.
    Any help and guidance would be appreciated, thanks in advance, Rick.

The Boat House

Replies: 4549
    Topics: 111

lloyd

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 453
    Topics: 4

I have an MB 571-10 “Mae West” Waterwitch. As Tubs said, the tanks and front cover are the hardest parts to find in good condition. The tanks are usually dented up from lying on their sides and front cover often missing. I found a nice cosmetic example about 10 years ago, with undented tanks, front cover complete with emblem, etc. But the flywheel turned freely, and I assumed that the connecting rod was broken, so eventually I found a parts motor with a good powerhead, but no tanks or other cosmetic parts. Last year I finally got around to taking them both apart and reassembled a complete motor that looks, starts, pumps water, and runs great! Turns out the connecting rod on the first motor was not just broken but missing altogether. I plan to show and run the motor at the Traverse City, Michigan meet in May.

The gearcase and water pump mechanism in the lower unit is crazy unusual with a cam and one way ball valve to pump water up to the powerhead. Sorry that I don’t have any photos, but if I can help, just call me at 231-929-7479. I am a very slow typer.

The Boat House

RICK PENNO

Thanks guys for the feed back.Tubs, very nice job on the restoration, I have a few dings in my tanks, any suggestions?

The Boat House

RICK PENNO

Any interest in working on mine, I can send pictures so you can see what shape it is in.

The Boat House

RICK PENNO

Thanks Tubs, I will contact him.

kirkp

Replies: 240
    Topics: 16

Waterwitch outboards are cool motors! I have a 1936 single that I hope to start on “someday”. I emailed Phil awhile back and $250 covers dent removal. He charges $175 for polishing and $35 for cleaning inside and out in preparation for welding which you could most likely do yourself.
    Kirk

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.