Home Forum Ask A Member Water Witch

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    runpet
    Participant

Just obtained a 1936/37 single cylinder. Can’t find ser#, no tags or plates I could see. In pretty good shape. No dings on the fuel/oil tanks. 2 small dents on front cover. Missing oil tank cap, pull start plate(have the flywheel)and carb adjust nob. I think that is it. Once I get into it and clean it I’ll know more. I don’t want to polish the aluminum to a mirror finish unless they were sold that way. I like stuff original. Need a source for decals, parts and manual or diagram. I have the patent info so that might help too. Thanks

Dick

The Boat House
      Participant

runpet
        Participant

Thanks Tubs, I’m going back to the basement tomorrow where I found this motor. That plate would be very important for my restoration.

Dick

davidk
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

s-l1600

The Boat House
            Participant

runpet
              Participant

That’s what I need. Thanks. Hopefully it is still there.

Dick

runpet
                Participant

Thanks Tubs, now that I see what it is supposed to look like I did see that red pull start plate but didn’t recognize it as belonging to my motor. I get it tomorrow. That will make the restoration easier.

Thanks,

Dick

The Boat House
                  Participant

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    runpet
                    Participant

I think my spark plug wire, plug and coil have been replaced. My plug is a Allstate 43-8. Looks in good shape though.Wire is black. With different connector. Points are shot. As is the condenser I would think. I get the feeling that mixture screw cap might be hard to find.
                      I grew up in Hartford, Wi. where Kissel was located. I remember playing around the factory as a kid in the 1950’s. I had a bunch of the blueprints for Kissel Kars at one time. There is now a automotive museum in Hartford and I think I remember seeing Water Witch motors there. I hoping they have original literature from 1936. Another excuse to go back to Hartford and visit my 97 yr old mother.

And thanks to everybody who has responded to my query.

The Boat House
                      Participant

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 84 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.