Waterwitch tank dents

Home Forum Ask A Member Waterwitch tank dents

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar MarcUGL 2 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    MarcUGL

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/aomcio5/public_html/wp-content/themes/monstroid2/bbpress/loop-single-reply.php on line 19

Replies: 4
    Topics: 1

Looking for Phillip Gatzow, I was told he repaired dented Waterwitch gas tanks.
    My email is marc@metcominc.com.
    any info would be appreciated.
    also need the front cover.

Tubs
    Tubs
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 2359
    Topics: 141

He is taking a break from doing tanks for awhile.
    Wants to work on his own stuff for a change.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Tubs Tubs.
    MarcUGL

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/aomcio5/public_html/wp-content/themes/monstroid2/bbpress/loop-single-reply.php on line 19

Thank you for the response – so I went out and got some low temp aluminum solder and I am going to give this a try on my own. Watched a lot of videos – will be taking this slow.
    can you recommend a resource for the deals and a front cover and upper dial?

Randy in Tampa
    Randy in Tampa
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 175
    Topics: 19

He did my VR tank, if he starts back on tanks get him he is awesome 😎

Rotary valve Johnson’s Rule!

HARRY D. NICHOLSON
    US Member - 2 Years

I’d suggest you use that Waterwitch for a parts motor and get a complete one, perhaps with a better tank. I successfully straightened a ‘witch tank once using air pressure (10psi). and propane torch heat and tapping around the dent simultaneously with a wood handle, with the gas cap vent open to allow some air flow during the process, with an air regulator to maintain 10psi.
    If you use aluminum solder, don’t use it on your tank until you practice on junk tanks first. Results may not be as expected. The solder is very difficult to file or sand. It is also a different color.

MarcUGL

ok where would you suggest looking for another 1937 Waterwitch single cylinder.
    In the mean time the tank is progressing nicely.
    Right now its all I have, and it runs
    Do you know of any decal and handle contacts.
    I have found some decals but they are the wrong year.
    any help or contacts would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Tubs
    Tubs
    US Member - 1 Year

If you find a decent tank it will likely be on a better than average
    motor and they aren’t likely to be willing to separate.

Grip-
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Waterwitch-Neptune-Outboard-Motor-TILLER-grip-7-8-ID-x-5-1-4-handle/133137961650?hash=item1effa412b2:g:bZQAAOSwxqZcnrZq

Decal-
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1936-39-WATERWITCH-outboard-motor-tank-decals/293229849014?hash=item4445dc69b6:g:OWEAAOSwhUpcaeeU

• This reply was modified 4 days, 6 hours ago by Tubs Tubs.
    MarcUGL

Tubs – your the best! Ordered both. Also ordered some 1100 aluminum plate – going to tray and make a from cover.
    I found this Waterwitch in the trash on Upper Greenwood Lake in NJ. The engine is a ’37 and the lake was man made in ’32.
    Thank you.

kirkp

Replies: 53
    Topics: 4

Another resource for you. http://www.waterwitch.net/main.html?src=%2F#1,0
    Kirk

Tubs
    Tubs
    US Member - 1 Year

” ordered some 1100 aluminum plate – going to tray and make a from cover.”

That would be way above my skill level.
    Here are some pictures of a cover I had.
    I would thing it would be a challenging piece to make.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 6 hours ago by Tubs Tubs.
    MarcUGL

Thanks for the pics – I do not know if I can do it – but it will be fun to try.
    I am trying to find one locally to see if the person will allow me to make a plaster cast of it.
    I could then do a sand cast out of white metal, which I could use as a mold to create the cover.
    The pics are fantastic and will help a lot.
    The tank is coming along – the other gentleman was correct, the aluminum solder isn’t quite the correct color,
    but it is better then the huge dents!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.