What is correct? ELTO Decals for Lightwin/Ruddertwin

Home Forum Ask A Member What is correct? ELTO Decals for Lightwin/Ruddertwin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• wbeaton

Canada Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 1037
    Topics: 101

Here is question a member posted on Facebook. I thought it was worth asking here.

“There is now a pile of Elto motors on the project list, and it was time to look for a decal for the 1925 Elto Ruddertwin. There’s a faint “Ghost” outline of the decal left on the tank. I noticed that the usual suppliers versions of the decal varied from white “ETLO” letters, to blue, grey, and yellow. The font also varied dramatically. The borders were anything from bright chrome yellow to mustard. The one that arrived was significantly smaller than the original “Ghost”,,, That’s how this started…

1925 Ghost Decal

I’m trying to find the best pictures of survivor decals and figure out year by year what they are supposed to look like.

From what I figure, and I would like help correcting.

1921: No decal

1922 to 1924?: Only the word “Elto” without background…
    need help with colours, example in pictures

1922-24

1925 and 26: Elto with blue background and yellow frame with “Designed by Ole Evinrude” example in picture. The ” Elto” looks to me as it could have been gold although the advertising showed white.

1924-25

1924-252

1927 and 1926 : The super Elto, example on speedster.

I only see the two types available on the market and no mention of the Font only type I’ve seen on the early ones. I have a “Ghost” of one of those as well. I’ve got the font shape and size from the remnants, it’s the colours I’m stuck on.”

Wayne
    Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

Buccaneer

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 7493
    Topics: 1072

My 1925 Model C

1925-Elto3

1925-Elto4

Prepare to be boarded!

slim60

Replies: 243
    Topics: 64

Decals are the only thing my ’24 Ruddertwin needs. But it needs all of them including the front ID plate. I would appreciate any leads. Thanks, Slim

wbeaton

Canada Member - 2 Years

That’s exactly the problem Slim60. The correct decal for the 1924 ELTO doesn’t seem to exist. Most vendors sell the 1925 decal as fitting 1921-25, which it certainly doesn’t. Since your tank is painted you probably don’t care as much about it being correct. American Outboard sells a water slide and nymarine.ca has vinyl decal. I prefer vinyl, but I used the American Outboard decal when I did my 1924 because it was all I could find at the time.

That’s a beautiful original 1925, Buccaneer.

Wayne
    Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by wbeaton.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by wbeaton.

Buccaneer

Replies: 7493
    Topics: 1072

This one will stay as original as possible, at least the tank and decals.
    Can’t remember if the rest has been re-painted or not.
    It’s still on my “to-do” list to go through and experience the thrill
    of hearing it run…… I hope.

That’s a beautiful original 1925, Buccaneer.

Prepare to be boarded!

wbeaton

Canada Member - 2 Years

I wouldn’t mess with your tank, either. It’s perfect. We are trying to build as many running ruddertwins as we can from about 6 beat up motors plus some spare parts. Two of them will get the full treatment, nickel plating and all.

Wayne
    Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

joellerich

Replies: 30
    Topics: 32

Try Dixie Hamack 763 421 5346 She has made a lot of decals. She is part of the Gopher Chapter of AOMCI

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.