What is it?

Home Forum Ask A Member What is it?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by frankr frankr 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    jimk

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/aomcio5/public_html/wp-content/themes/monstroid2/bbpress/loop-single-reply.php on line 19

Replies: 18
    Topics: 9

I bought this motor from the same person that sold me my 5 Sea king and it looks to have the same lower unit. Thinking I might take parts out of it but would like to know what it is. There are no decals or tags on it that I can find. Any ideas?

Attachments:
    bobw
    bobw
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 605
    Topics: 28

That’s a Johnson TN26, 1950-51 5hp. If I’m reading the serial number correctly, it’s a 1950 model.

Bob

1954 Johnson CD-11
    1956 Johnson RD-18
    1958 Johnson QD-19
    1959 Johnson QD-20

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by bobw bobw.
    jimk

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/aomcio5/public_html/wp-content/themes/monstroid2/bbpress/loop-single-reply.php on line 19

Replies: 18
    Topics: 9

Thanks for that. I haven’t taken anything apart yet to see if all in the lower unit is the same as my 1951 SeaKing but it looks promising.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Avatar jimk.
    frankr
    frankr
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 4390
    Topics: 43

It is the same lower unit except for a few certain parts that are unique to the Gale. Drive shaft for one. And because the shaft is a different diameter, the impeller is different. Clutch cables are same except Johnson is longer because it has to reach the shifter on the tank.

garry-in-tampa
    Lifetime Member
    Replies: 3147
    Topics: 30

I don’t see my answer to his question . . . ?

frankr
    frankr
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 4390
    Topics: 43

Garry, by any chance did you post at the same time I did? I have had it happen that if I post at the same time as another, one of us won’t “take”. Really a pain to have to type it all over again. Of course it can be highlighted and copied before posting, but who ever thinks of that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.