Home Forum Ask A Member what is it with 303345 prop/shaft seals $$$$$$

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

anybody know the cheapest place to buy without 20$ shipping !!!

303345 are .375 h .554 ID 1.00 OD hate to spend 50$ + for 2 seals 🙁

thanks

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

rmhxruss
      Participant

The Sierra version is $11.25 each.

frankr
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

The problem is “Canada”. I don’t know which country is ripping you off–yours or ours, or both. Anyhoo, the postage price for USPS small flat-rate box to Canada is $26.85. Same box within US is about $8.

Maybe you need to order enough stuff to fill that flat rate box up.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by frankr.
          Steve D
          Participant

Hey Jacques, I’ve been able to find that seal sometimes under CR/SKF 5605 at a much lower price. You could check bearing/seal houses in your area or NAPA, RockAuto, Advantage Auto, Kelly, etc. or whatever else you might have out there. I have gone to NAPA and ordered them and it might take 5-7 days for them to get them in and sometimes a minimal shipping charge but it works out to be a fairly reasonable price.
            KSC-Supply-SKF-5605-seals-303345-to-543870-1

outbdnut2
            Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

The number crosses to SKF 5605 (SKF is the old Chicago Rawhide that made the OEM seals).

http://www.skfextranet.com/Catalogs/457010/sealdetail.asp?s=5605

https://www.skf.com/group/products/seals/industrial-seals/power-transmission-seals/radial-shaft-seals-pt/index.html?designation=5605

With this number, you can search the web for a good price, or go to your local bearing store if you have one nearby.

Here’s one on Amazon for $14.95 and free shipping (not sure how that works in Canada):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000CKM2EA/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=%27SKF+5605+seal%27&qid=1574008797&sr=8-1
              Dave

crosbyman
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

thanks all .. saw a utube with guy with a 18-2682 kit doing a 9.5 reseal looks not to bad will search in Canada prices US shipping to $$$$$

chris-p
                Participant

The SKF seals are made of steel. Obviously not a good idea for a seal that is constantly submerged!

crosbyman
                  Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

very true I guess call me cheap as I may just compare cost benefits of simply coating the SKF with …whatever to give it a longer life span . the innards will be coated in oil anyway and the outer exposed surfaces can be covered up with a thin layer of GOOP or something like it.

no salt water anywhere for 500 miles anyway 🙂

lots of time to decide till Spring time ……. I have to make this pleasure last a few months

RICHARD A. WHITE
                    Participant

Lifetime Member

The problem is “Canada”. I don’t know which country is ripping you off–yours or ours, or both. Anyhoo, the postage price for USPS small flat-rate box to Canada is $26.85. Same box within US is about $8.

Maybe you need to order enough stuff to fill that flat rate box up.

I can send a 6″ X 6″ X 4″ inch box, under 8 ounces to Canada for about $10…… 9 ounces it goes up to $16.85 or so USD

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
                      classicomctools@gmail.com

crosbyman
                      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

and in Canadian money it goes up to 25$ .. so much for free trade ….

taking my chances … I ordered 4 skf 5605 $11 each in Canada .. they should last a few summers..:-)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.