what is this motor?

Home Forum Ask A Member what is this motor?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• johnyrude200

Replies: 782
    Topics: 186

melugin

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 260
    Topics: 32

Johnson SD-16

dan-in-tn

Replies: 961
    Topics: 78

Actually that is a SD-10 or 15 since it has a built in tank. The SD-16 didn’t have the tank. Roger if you have that motor, I am looking for one. I bought one in Traverse City, MI. but I am having a tough time getting it home. I’m not sure which model I bought, but I want one with the tank on the motor.

Dan in TN

lloyd

Replies: 453
    Topics: 4

Dan. If you make it up to Traverse City, stop by and get mine also. Runs great.

melugin

Replies: 260
    Topics: 32

Dan, check with Jon Anderson. He sometimes has them.

dan-in-tn

Yeah Roger he has already PM me. Lloyd I have one in Traverse City, MI now I can’t seem to get back down here to TN. I just put you back in my email list tonight. You feet should be itching! Anybody up there ever come south? Almost got it in Oct. before the snow, but messes up on where my ride was coming down to Detroit from the WI side. DUH! Lloyd that is a pretty one you have. We might be coming to Constantine this year. Any chance you might come down Lloyd? Roger has already told me he is going and Jon said he was going he figures. I got to find it a way home without driving all the way up there myself. I sure don’t want to ship it!

Dan in TN

makeitrun

Replies: 22
    Topics: 10

I didn’t know there was a SD-16. The 10,15 and 20 is what I remember here’s mine hauling the mail over 600 pounds of membership on board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVga5KZk7fs

lloyd

I also got a brass 2 blade speed prop for mine. I got the motor at Constantine many years ago. Plenty fast on the Model R. About the same as 18hp OMC or KG7. I just have too many motors and need to thin some out.
    If I can find some new homes for some stuff, I can get them to Constantine, but I don’t have time to haul a load down in the big trailer and then haul most of it back again like I used to. Caring for elderly Dad and brother passed away last year. Still busy trying to liquidate his stuff. Hope I can make it to Constantine, but no plans yet.

dan-in-tn

Sorry Makeitrun SD-20, brain fade its 16hp. Oh well hopefully somebody knew what I meant. Yeah Lloyd know what you mean on the family. My mom is starting to finally have problems at 86. First time in her long life. At 61 myself and about 120 motor collection I’m still stocking up for my old age, HA! Got a feeling I would be better off getting the smaller ones. Anyway as it gets closer to Constantine let me know if you are coming. I really would like to get that motor this way. I would help out with travel expenses in some way. Thanks!

Dan in TN

lloyd

Dan. Send me a PM, email or phone call about 2 weeks before Constantine. If I can get it to you I will.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.