Home Forum Ask A Member What is wrong with my plugs?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    john8504
    Participant

Pic of the new stator

13C5AE99-E3C9-4F51-8CD2-90A7B5278AFD

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Mumbles.
      john8504
      Participant

Checked spark on my coils. I backed it out 3/4” and I still have great spark. Bottom cylinder not burning off correctly. I would think that if the halves of the case were worn then both cylinders would be bad.

The Boat House
        Participant

john8504
          Participant

Found my problem. It was the type of plug. Switched to some Ngk racing plugs and runs like a champ!!

A0D89A43-7C5B-4D25-94FA-4C94E3D98455

Mumbles
            Participant

Switched to some Ngk racing plugs and runs like a champ!!

What did I tell you! 👍

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘racing’ plugs but I feel off the shelf NGK plugs are superior to anything currently on the market. Others may think different but I’m convinced.

john8504
              Participant

Yeah good call on that. I had several people convinced it was as in the electrical. Funny thing is that the other plug would jump 3/4 inch on spark testet

billw
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Well, it WAS an electrical issue….just one that was so obvious that I forgot about it!!! Good call! A true “duh” moment, on my part! However, I do have to say that I have seen plenty of dead holes on Yamahas, caused by NGKs that were less than a year old. I am not arguing against them; but they, too, have their moments.

Long live American manufacturing!

Mumbles
                  Participant

When purchasing NGK’s, they have to come from a reliable source to be genuine. Like most everything else, there are poor quality fakes out there which look convincing and are being sold online at places such s Epay so it is buyer beware. Doing a Google search for fake plugs will help to identify the phonies.

billw
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I hope ours aren’t fakes. We buy them from a local wholesaler by the hundreds, probably thousands, come to think of it.

Long live American manufacturing!

john8504
                      Participant

I got mine from the auto parts store. I’m fairly sure mine are fine. I run a auto repair shop, I deal with ngk plugs on a daily basis.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.