What is wrong with my plugs?

Home Forum Ask A Member What is wrong with my plugs?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar PugetSoundBoater 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • john8504
    john8504

Replies: 139
    Topics: 23

Yeah good call on that. I had several people convinced it was as in the electrical. Funny thing is that the other plug would jump 3/4 inch on spark testet

billw
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 1019
    Topics: 33

Well, it WAS an electrical issue….just one that was so obvious that I forgot about it!!! Good call! A true “duh” moment, on my part! However, I do have to say that I have seen plenty of dead holes on Yamahas, caused by NGKs that were less than a year old. I am not arguing against them; but they, too, have their moments.

Mumbles
    Mumbles
    Canada Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 4037
    Topics: 416

When purchasing NGK’s, they have to come from a reliable source to be genuine. Like most everything else, there are poor quality fakes out there which look convincing and are being sold online at places such s Epay so it is buyer beware. Doing a Google search for fake plugs will help to identify the phonies.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Mumbles Mumbles.
    billw
    US Member - 1 Year
    Replies: 1019
    Topics: 33

I hope ours aren’t fakes. We buy them from a local wholesaler by the hundreds, probably thousands, come to think of it.

john8504
    john8504

Replies: 139
    Topics: 23

I got mine from the auto parts store. I’m fairly sure mine are fine. I run a auto repair shop, I deal with ngk plugs on a daily basis.

PugetSoundBoater
    US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 976
    Topics: 135

Switched to some Ngk racing plugs and runs like a champ!!

What did I tell you! 👍

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘racing’ plugs but I feel off the shelf NGK plugs are superior to anything currently on the market. Others may think different but I’m convinced.

Mumbles told me about NGK’s would help on my 1976 Evinrude 9.9. Been using them on on all my motors since then. Thanks again for the tip!

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
    Robbie Robertson

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.