Home Forum Ask A Member what isa 10522c 9.9 hp evinrude

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

1975 presumably but what is the 22 c short long extra long

thanks

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

retiredoz
      Participant

US Member

From what I can glean from the aftermarket bible, ’24’ is std, and ’25’ is long, pull starts. I can’t locate any reference to a ’22’, but if the pattern holds, even numbers were std…. Can’t think of what might be different.

fleetwin
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Yeah, I don’t see 10522C in the 1975 9.9 listings, but was only looking in Marineengine.com
          There were no extra long models (25″) offered in 1975, so it refers to either a 15 or 20″ length 9.9.
          So, guess you need to have another look at the ID plate.
          The “C” is just a designation of some sort of change during the 1975 model run, would be hard to figure out just what that was just looking at the parts book….Could be something as simple as a wire clamp though, so may be insignificant.
          I know there was some sort of parts change in the gearcase around this time though.
          Tell us why you are concerned about this model ID, are you looking for a specific part, or parts change?
          D

frankr
          Participant

US Member

10522 is a 1965 9.5hp, not a 1975 9.9hp. Totally different critters

Mumbles
            Participant

10522 is a 1965 9.5hp, not a 1975 9.9hp. Totally different critters

I’m glad you posted that Frank as I had done so earlier and then deleted it. Didn’t want to get slammed for making a mistake! ☺

crosbyman
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

ok here is what I found after searching deeper on Leroy’S site see picture

looks 1964 9.5

chart

1964-turtle-10522

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by crosbyman.
                • This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Mumbles.
                fleetwin
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

OK, now I am confused also….
                  Isn’t the model number for a 1965 9.5 Evinrude: 9522 or 9523?

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1965&hp=9.5

frankr
                  Participant

US Member

I guess we all are totally confusulated. Yes, a 1965 9.5 comes up as 9522, and a 1975 9.9 should be 10524 or 25 (10554 or 55 for electric start)

As of right now, I have no idea where 10522 came from, except from published lists like above.

But a 9.5 and 9.9 are so totally different that it should be easy to tell the difference by a quick look at them. Picture???

EDIT: There was another obscure 9.9hp with high thrust reverse for sailboats. Wonder what the model number was for that thing?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by frankr.
                    crosbyman
                    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

here it is …for sale $375 as per seller !!! I offered 75$ and it is certainly a turtle like my 9622a

mdl

Mumbles
                      Participant

No need to be confused guys as everything you need to know is on page 56 of your OMC Model Number Reference Guide. Here’s a link to the 1913 – 1979 edition at Marine Engine and if you don’t have a copy, you can download my PDF version of the 1913 – 2005 edition. ☺

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/engine-model-guides/omc-johnson-evinrude-model-number-guide/omc-johnson-evinrude-model-number-guide-00001.html

OMC-Model-Numbers-1913-2005

OMC-Model-Numbers-1913-2005

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.